Virpi worked as head of surgery in Raahe District Hospital/ Raahe health Area until her retirement in 2014 and as Medical Director of the hospital during 1989-2010. She was a founding member of WHO network Health Promoting Hospitals and Services in Finland and served as Chair and national Coordinator as well as international Board member. She has been given an honorary title by the President of Finland in 2015.
Member of Raahe RC since 2001 Virpi served as District Governor D 1400 2009-10 and DRFC 2011-13. She is Rotary Leadership Institute Trainer since 2012 and Friendship Exchange and Fellowship Committee Chair since 2010. Virpi served as Chair of the Board of Finlands Rotary (all 6 districts in Finland) 2012-13. She is D 1400 CoL representative 2014-19.
Virpi has also served as RI president´s representative, GETS trainer 2014, 2015 and 2016, International Assembly Training Leader 2016 and 2017 and as Regional Rotary Foundation Coordinator of Zone 15 2013-16. She has served as Atlanta Promotion Coordinator for Zones 15 & 16.
Virpi is married to Matti, member of Pietari Brahe RC, PDG and current Endowment/Major Gifts Committee member as well as National Polio Advocacy Adviser for Finland. They both have been awarded Citation for Meritorious Service by TRF. They are Major Donors and members of Bequest Society.
LENA J MJERSKAUG
Born May 31th 1969, I own and live on the farm Mjerskaug in Ytre Enebakk, approx. 30 kilometers south-east of Oslo, the capital of Norway.
After graduating high school, I was accepted to the Royal Norwegian Air Force Flight Training Academy – with the intention of becoming the first Norwegian female fighter-pilot. However, after approx. one year, the Royal Norwegian Air Force didn’t quite agree with me on that idea anymore…
I hold a Master’s degree in Economics and Business Administration from the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH) and a Post-Graduate Certificate in Education from the University of Oslo.
I worked as a teacher and as the local development coordinator in the municipality of Enebakk. Since 1997, I’ve held the position as Deputy Chief – and since 2011, as Chief, Administrative Control, Defense Staff Norway.
I became a member of Enebakk Rotary Club in 1997, being the first woman and the youngest member ever. However, I’ve grown up with Rotary. My late father was a Rotarian (in another club), and was one of the founders of Enebakk Rotary Club back in 1982.
I’ve served Rotary as
– Club president 2003-04.
– Member of the organizing committee/treasurer for “Handicamp Norway” (HCN) in 2006 and 2008
– Member of the organizing committee for the Rotary Institute for the Zones 15 & 16 in 2007 and 2011
– District Governor in 2010-11 (D-2260)
– Board member of the Norwegian Rotary Forum, Norfo (the Multidistrict Adm. Group) 2010-14
– Chairman of the Norfo Board 2012-13
– CYEO and club counsellor in Enebakk Rotary Club
– MDYEO Norway 2014-15
– District Trainer (D-2260) 2012-15
– Member Development Committee Chair (D-2260) 2015-17
– Training Leader for the 2013 International Assembly
– General Trainer for GETS, Zones 15 & 16 in 2013
– Training Team Leader for GETS, Zones 15 & 16, 2014-17
– End Polio Now Zone Coordinator (EPNZC) for Zone 16, 2015-17
– Rotary Coordinator for Zone 16, 2017-18
– Served RI as RI President’s representative at several District Conferences
– Keynote speaker at several Rotary meetings and District’s DISCONs, PETS’ and DTAs.
– Multiple Paul Harris Fellow, EREY, Benefactor and a Major Donor (The Rotary Foundation).
In addition to my work and Rotary, I try to maintain some of my interests; different sports, reading, politics and traveling – aiming to experience the history and culture of the places I visit.